Alert: Notifications at reduced capacity during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 alert level four requirements.
Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Work health and safety issues can arise from any number of situations, for example there may be different opinions relating to a workplace health and safety issue; different views on risks or potential risks; or there may be questions over what should happen in a particular situation.
When a work health and safety issue is raised by a PCBU, an HSR, a worker or a worker’s representative, they must attempt to resolve the health and safety issue with their PCBU, Health and Safety Representative (HSR) or Health and Safety Committee (HSC) or directly with workers. There must be evidence that reasonable efforts have been made to resolve the issue before the issue is referred to WorkSafe.
What happens if a health and safety issue cannot be resolved?
Where attempts have been made and have failed to resolve a work health and safety issue, the PCBU, HSR, or worker can request WorkSafe to appoint an inspector to assist with the resolution of the issue.
When contacting WorkSafe about an unresolved work health or safety issue, you will need to provide:
- Details of the work health and safety issue you want assistance with;
- Details of the actions that have been taken to try to resolve the issue; and
- Contact details of all involved parties, and details of their involvement.
Once we receive the form, WorkSafe will review the information provided and contact you as soon as possible.
Please note that in some circumstances WorkSafe may identify that we cannot provide assistance with the issue.
If you are a PCBU and your issue is about a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN), please refer to the Request to review a PIN form.
Submitting the form
- Click the button below to access the form.
- The form is in a PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to open it(external link)
- Save the form to your computer
- Type directly into the form all of the information we require
- Re-save the form with your information included
- Email the completed form to