Battery use and charging
Here are some useful tips to remember when using and charging batteries:
- Always use the correct battery for the appliance – refer manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always use the correct charger – matched for the battery under charge.
- Always charge batteries and appliances with rechargeable batteries (including phones and laptops) in a safe place – not on or near combustible products (eg. like under the duvet where the heat cannot escape) and monitor the charging process.
- Mechanical damage to batteries can cause them to fail – don’t use damaged batteries or batteries that have been exposed to mechanical shock (dropped) – dispose of responsibly. Batteries disposed of incorrectly can cause fires (for example being crushed in a rubbish truck).
- Never charge a phone on the bedside cabinet while you sleep.