Old dishwasher machine causes apartment fire

Energy type: 
Electricity
 
Event summary: 
The Fire Service notified Energy Safety of a fire in an apartment caused by an old dishwashing machine. The dishwasher fire spread to the kitchen cabinetry and the wall of the kitchen.
 
Accident ID: 
151120 05
 
Accident date: 
20 November 2015
 
Site: 
Domestic
 
Environment: 
Building
 
Voltage: 
230
 
Equipment: 
Dishwashers
 
Accident type: 
Fire
 
Casualty: 
Non-fatality
 
Injury: 
No injury
 
Property damage level: 
Restricted to the room containing the equipment
 
Outcome of investigation: 

Energy Safety was unable to gain further information regarding this event.